Friday, August 22, 2014

You Get What You Give

Hey everyone! So I'm assuming you have all heard of the insanely popular ice bucket challenge that raises awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. This disease affects your motor neurons causing you to loose control of you muscles which can lead to paralysis. Although there are many critics of the ice bucket challenge, there is a reason behind it. When you pour ice cold water on yourself you momentarily loose control of your muscles. This is how people with Lou Gehrig's Disease feel all the time. The ALS Association has been doing some great research and I wanted to do everything I could to support them. The ice bucket challenge has helped raise over $10 million for the ALS Association so the least I could do was donate some money and pour some water on myself. I know not everyone has the means to donate but I just though you all should know what this challenge is actually benefiting. Anyway, if you are able to donate, the website is alsa.org and I'll be sure to post my video below for you all to enjoy. I hope you're all having a wonderful summer and I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment